1st Edition – January 2019
A very Happy New Year to our Pioneers Group (newly named!), advisors and supporters. Here are a few brief updates to keep you in touch:
- Thank you all for your very positive responses to the final logo, see above! And also to those who sent in your views about a better name for this group. Pioneers (or Pioneers Group) seems most popular, so let’s use this instead of the RIG
- We have made a short film of our first meeting. It’s not ‘minutes’ – but we hope it captures the essence of the day. We have not published it, but invite you to watch it over a cuppa and see what you make of it. Please let us know a) if there anything you would like to be removed and b) if you would have any concerns about us sharing it more widely – when we’ve polished it up? Otherwise, we can just keep it to ourselves to remind us of the day. The link is here http://bit.ly/2CdyIzd (currently on Private setting).
- Thanks to those of you who have recorded your thoughts about the project via a Dementia Diary. You can listen to them here: http://bit.ly/2C5EWSU And please feel free to make one any time you have any thoughts – maybe after reading this update?
- Before our next meeting (by ZOOM – see below), we will be working on some Guidelines for groups about basic research methods.
- We will also put together some thoughts about what the application process for grants might look like – to discuss with you.
- We are producing a postcard summing up Dementia Enquirers – with a cartoon by the wonderful Tony Husband! We will send you each some in the post so that you can hand them out please when you are out and about.
- A meet-up of Yorkshire DEEP groups in York on 27 February, at which we will (among other things) introduce Dementia Enquirers. Wendy and Howard (both in Yorkshire) will represent the Pioneers Group, and will report back to you all.
- The next Pioneers meeting will be by ZOOM, on Wednesday 13 March at 11.00 am, with a practice the week before. Wednesday 6 March at 11.00 am
- And the third meeting is provisionally booked for Tues 11 to Wed 12 June, at the lovely Woodbrooke venue in Birmingham . Does this look OK for you all? (Advisors – we know how busy you are, but if you can, we would love to invite any of you to join us on the evening of Tues 11, and stay overnight and the following morning.) Please note: all expenses are covered of course.
Ideas for you this month
Here are a few ideas as to how you can help as a Dementia Enquirers Pioneer:
- Record a Diary about how you are feeling about the project
- Talk to your DEEP group about the project and how they can get involved
- Start handing out the new postcards which will arrive soon in your letterbox
If you have any queries, thoughts, inspirations or anything at all, please email Rachael at email@example.com or call her on 07549 944796.
We look forward to talking with you all again soon